Mar 18, 2014

Dealing with Weight Gain when trying to LOSE weight!!


In yesterdays post I spoke about my very enjoyable weekend. Well this morning I step on the scale and I had gained 5 lbs. ...What!!! 

So I stepped off and tried again and the number didn't change ..There it was 170 lbs staring me in my face. --

Now at first I became very disappointed in myself. I felt like I had threw away all my hard work in one weekend. 

BUT....

You know what I don't regret anything. I have been working hard and have made eating healthy and working out a part of my lifestyle. -- And reality is I will enjoy a weekend out from time to time and have a few drinks with friends , while enjoying good food, music, and conversation. -- and I shouldn't feel guilty about it.

And the scale will constantly fluctuate. -The number will change depending on what time of day, When I have lost fast, when I have gained muscle etc. 

My point is I believe we all get down when the scale goes up in number instead of down (and vice versa for those trying to gain weight)  - I believe it's a natural reaction. But remember it's not all about the number on the scale. 

Yes I've gained 5 lbs but I also had the most enjoyable weekend I've had in a long time. And Guess What ??-- I'm going to lose those 5 lbs + more. 

My Day:

Insanity Workout
Breakfast:
Herbalife Meal Replacement Shake w/ Protein
Herbalife Raspberry Tea

Snack:
Strawberries & Blueberries

Lunch:
Turkey Sandwich w/ Turkey bacon, Light Mayo, Cheese, & Multi -Grain Bread
Heralife Peach mango Beverage Mix- helps keep you full and tastes great.

Snack:
Greek Yogurt w/ Almonds

Dinner:
Herbalife Meal Replacement Shake - Dutch chocolate w/Chocolate protein 

Gym in the evening.
2 hours of Personal Training Studying

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Sometimes you need to let your hair down and forget about that stupid scale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is about having fun and learning how to balance the good and the bad. Don't let that gain get you down. You can do this and the scale does not define who you are!

    ReplyDelete