Feb 25, 2014

Your Future isn't dull..Believe in Yourself!

I had a post planned for today but because of a conversation with my best friend this morning I decided to talk about something else.

This blog is about so much more than just losing weight. It's about every change I am going through physically, mentally, and emotionally.

This time around when I decided I was going to live a healthier lifestyle, something changed in me mentally. As I continue to work out and make healthy decisions I continue to see changes in the way I feel and my outlook on life and knowing it's only going to get better is such an Amazing feeling!

For as long as I can remember I suffered from depression. As a teen I remember this feeling of sadness always surrounding me. I would sleep most of my days away just so I wouldn't have to feel the sadness. I went through some things that broke me down and left me so lost and confused.

I've been in and out of counseling and even was put on medication for bi polar disorder. The counseling had it's benefits and would bring back to focus all the goals I wanted to accomplish but I would always fall back into this depression.

Over the years I've kind of just existed. Slowly I began to gain weight and lose myself. this past year I no longer even recognized myself. I was a different person physically and mentally. My future looked so dull and I just figured that was my life. I couldn't envision a better future for myself. I couldn't see myself happier and definitely couldn't see myself in better shape.

But.....

Feb 3rd something changed in me drastically. I realize my future is so much brighter than I ever imagined it could be.

It's crazy how just Last month I couldn't even imagine myself where I'm at now. I never thought I would enjoy and actually looking forward to going to the gym. I couldn't myself turning down pizza, fast food, chips, and alcohol. I definitely didn't realize how negative my mentality was. I had such a negative outlook on life and was holding myself back in so many ways and I didn't even realize.

And I know there are so many others out there who are down and depressed and think that it's just the way it is. But you are sooo much stronger than you realize and YOU are in control.

You can have a happier and healthier life. You have to make the decision for yourself .

I have said it time and time again. It's not going to be easy, and at times it may be really hard but You can do it.





No comments:

Post a Comment